March 25, 2009

Unlimited Hall Pass

Katy spent last week with Connor in Montana. I took the opportunity to fish as much as I could. I ended up fishing 6 of the 8 days she was gone (along with two days at the Wasatch Tying Expo).
Here is a few pictures of my week (a few of these are actually from two weeks ago, but I fished the same area last week too.)










I ended Thursday with a double double from In & Out.




This is an average Brown from a stream I fished prior to attending the Wasatch Tying Expo.



I really enjoyed the expo. I met a bunch of great tyers and met up with a few friends (Jed and Kyle). Thanks for the rubber legs Cheech. I hope to attend next year. I went overboard buying tying material to try out the new patterns I learned and also picked up a pair of used Force Fins for $40!
I had a few mishaps during the week also. I lost my dry-bag I keep my waders in out of the back of my truck. (Blew out unmonitored on I-15) I about lost my new Dan Craft Sig V 3wt TWICE! First time when I set it down to unhook a fish and the river washed it away (I chased after it and busted up my shin. But finally got all pieces) and secondly, I went to string up my rod and the tip was missing. I traced my steps back towards my truck and luckily found it. I broke my Hardy Princess reel being a dumb-ass. (tried to dislodge fly from branch with butt of rod and slammed reel into a rock...didn't even get the fly!) When I took my waders off, there was a hole in the crotch of waders. It looked like I pissed my pants. I didn't have time to go back to my mom's house to change, so i rolled to Expo with windows down and vents pointed at my crotch. Oh...and I didn't win anything in the raffles at the expo (but the money went to good cause anyways).


I made a few batches of wings throughout the week. Sticky, messy, and delicious!



Coat wings in corn starch and deep fry

Sauce-
simmer following ingredients in saucepan...
1 cup Frank's Red Hot (more if you want it spicier, less if you're a puss)
1 cup brown sugar
2 Tbs butter
1/4 cup Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce
Once the wings are fried, take out of hot oil and on paper plate with paper towel. Put the drained wings in a container with sauce and shake until coated. Eat and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. When the wife's away you play? Only thing you played with was yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man...you just shot my blog's PG rating to a PG-13. I'm not the one who has to be celibate right now Mr. Hairy palms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Touche. Speaking of wings there is a place in st george i just found out about called wing spot. I no joke have eaten there 3 times this week. It's really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to go to "Tim and Allen's" in Hurricane and get some T&A.

    ReplyDelete