August 1, 2009

Day #2 on Cedar Mountain

When Katy asked me last night how I planned to keep Connor entertained today, I wasn't planning to go on the mountain again. I considered heading south and picking up some tying supplies and getting a double double fix. But the weather was way too hot to even stay in Cedar, so I packed another lunch and we headed back to higher altitude. The weather was calm today without the threat of rain and lightning.

I tied up a few #16 Butch Caddis last night. I used some of the cheap antron from Robert's Craft; it made a great segmented body. These things float like a cork!


I took Connor to the spot I fished yesterday while he watched his DVD. The water is shallow and the banks are low. It was tough to find holding water, but I was able to get a few little Brookies coaxed to my fly. I spent more time watching Connor then fishing. He is such a joy to have along.






We moved spots and Connor took a nap while I fished the Brook Meadow. When Connor woke up, we went on a short hike.


We ended the day on the Meadows and I rigged Connor's DVD up while I made a few casts. A couple smaller browns and a decent one before it was time to head home. I met a guy from Vegas just as I got back to my truck. He said yesterday there was a strong PMD hatch and he caught a lot of fish. We swapped stories and I excused myself to get Connor home for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment