July 9, 2011

I just returned from a 2-day trip. I didn't fish anywhere new but each place has haunted me in the past. I fell great about my success at each spot including catching the largest Brookie of my life. The second largest is documented as like most fish stories go, the biggest flipped out of my net before I could get a good picture (I have a picture of it in my net but it really doesn't do it justice so I will leave it out). I'm not really impressed with my camera-work but I was very impressed with this trip. But I won't bore you with many details...

Drove through just after a flash flood washed out part of the hillside into the road, I should have stopped to show the carnage in the wash. It was a raging chocolate milkshake.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a fun trip. Beautiful brookie, I love chasing them too, they live in such awesome places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That other fish must have been a pig because second place looks pretty good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to get back up there, it truly is a beautiful place with incredible fish. The bigger one was close to the size of the one pictured but a little deeper and a lot meaner. I need to work on my "big fish" handling when taking pictures. It was by far the best fight of a fish in a lake. Snags and downed trees everywhere combined with a mean lit-up Brookie made for an unforgettable experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fish. The same old spots are nice to fish just for the comfort of knowing there is fish there.

    ReplyDelete