August 7, 2010

The Purple Haze Blew My Mind!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
I went to Willow Creek on Thursday for probably one of the last fishing trips this year. The weather didn't look like it was going to cooperate and right when we arrived it started pouring buckets of rain. But as soon as the rain started it was over and the sky and stream stayed clear the entire evening. I started with the StonedHopper but only caught a few fish in the first few likely spots. But when I switched to a #14 Purple Haze the fish started slamming it kamikaze style. Fish were completely jumping out of the water for the fly. By the end of the night I caught over 50 fish in less then 4 hours. They were never larger then 11", but fun nonetheless.
I'd like to thank the guys from Fishtech for taking the time to help me round-up all the materials for this fly. I went to about three other shops before ending up at Fishtech and no one prior could help me out. For those unfamiliar with the Purple Haze, it's basically a Parachute Adams with a purple Flex-Floss body. I sometimes add a dubbed thorax of purple dubbing mixed with UV Pink Ice Dub.

1 comment:

  1. i've seen the purple haze in action. wasn't on my line but it was about the only producer

    ReplyDelete